Anyone who has ever been to a land-based casino or played online has their own set of rules to follow. Having played both at both venues, we would like to offer some casino tips that you may or may not have utilized as part of your online playing routine.
1. Set a Limit: We all like to think we can walk away from a table or shut down the computer when we have hit a jackpot or exceeded our goals. For some, this is an easy thing to do. For others, it's not. So the first thing you need to do before playing online or at a land-based casino is to set a limit on how much you are willing to play on any given day. Once you have reached that limit – win or lose – stop.
2. Play What You Know: Oftentimes there are new casino games online that we'd all like to try, but without a full understanding of the rules of the game, it can be a costly endeavor. So regardless of whether you're playing online or at a land-based casino, play the games you know very well. If you play mostly online, you can practice play new casino games and once mastered, you can move on to real money play.
3. Know When to Fold: Just as you set a limit on how much you are willing to play (or in some cases, lose), it is just as important to know when to fold. Whether you're playing table games, slots, or poker; it is important to know when to walk away - especially if you are losing. When playing at a land-based casino, you can easily tell if a slot machine is hot. Conversely, if the first several spins yield nothing – walk away as this machine is not going to give you diddly.
4. Keep Your Money Close: Perhaps you have been to a casino playing slots and you notice the same person is following you. One of the rules of the casino road is to ensure the safety of your money. Purchase a money belt or a pouch that can be worn inside your jacket. And always keep your eye on the bucket. All too often you may look away or get into a conversation with someone and before you know it, someone has stolen the entire bucket of coins. Always keep your handbag close to your chest when playing and ensure it is zipped and closed at all times.
5. Stick To Your Guns: It is often the case when playing roulette, for example, that you may go in playing specific numbers and change them only to see them finally come out. When you play Lotto, you play certain numbers every time so why change the rules when playing roulette? Stick to your guns and play the same numbers.
6. Don't Ramble, Just Gamble: A mistake slot players make is to go from one slot machine to another at land-cased casinos. What eventually happens is that the machine you just left pays off. Play one machine and stay with it. You'll instinctively know if its hot or its not.
7. Feeling Good: It's important to feel good before you begin playing. Just as you wouldn't food shop on an empty stomach, make sure you have a good meal; play for a few hours then go shopping or see the sights. You can always return to the casino at any time. Get enough rest before you begin another round of gambling. If you're not feeling up to par, it will affect your game play. Taking care of you affords you an enjoyable and fruitful gaming experience.